Tuesday, March 29, 2016

... On Melanie Klein [day 29]

Today I wasn't sure who to write about and realized I was running shorter on time than I usually like. I was also struggling to come up with an interesting and witty way to engage with any possible subject matter I might select for today. I did a personality test with someone new today and found it most enjoyable but it did get me thinking about women in Psychoanalysis and how we often think of Freud when this subject comes up (regardless of the fact that most of his ideas got proven wrong). But there were more than a few notable women involved in the practice as well including one of Freud's daughters. However, I didn't want to focus on her here because her name would still make her more recognizable than the woman on the docket for today: Melanie Klein. 

Due to the obscurity which she finds herself in, I felt that she would make a better pick for today. And in an effort to switch things up a little bit and for those who want a break from reading long things, I felt I'd embed a video from a Youtube channel called the School of Life that deals with philosophers and various thinkers from history. So without further ado, Melanie Klein. 


No comments:

Post a Comment